3 home staging tips to sell your house. Are you selling your home? These tips will help in this sometimes frustrating endeavor. The real estate market is very competitive. Therefore, if you don’t want your property to go unnoticed in a sea of offers, you must make it outstanding.
That’s why you need these 3 home staging tips to sell your home.
Dress Your Home for the Selling
You should not confuse interior design with home staging. In this sense, Cheryl Eisen, founder and CEO of Interior Marketing Group told, “interior design is targeted to reflect the person you are designing for,” Meanwhile, “Staging is … about broad appeal, something everyone will like,”
Besides, real estate agent Jacques Cohen told Forbes, “it is absolutely critical that you have it beautifully staged, that a buyer can walk in and say: ‘OK I am ready to move in.’”
Hence, when staging your home, you enhance its external and internal appearance to make it attractive for buyers.
Do you want to sell your home faster and at a good price?
Home staging is the key.
Have in mind these figures from the National Association of Realtors’ 2017 Profile of Home Staging:
- According to 49% of buyers’ agents and 38% of sellers’ agents, home staging affected sales.
- 62% of agents said that staging a home decreases the amount of time a home spends on the market.
- Staging a home could increase the value offered by 1-5% on average.
3 home staging tips that tip the resale scale
- Boost curb appeal – the first impression influences people’s opinion. What is the first thing a potential buyer will see of your home? That’s right, the outside. So, ensure your home exterior looks attractive and radiantly clean.
Besides, you can consider painting your door or even installing a new one.
Long Doors offers a wide variety of front door styles that will improve your home curb appeal and satisfy every budget.
Does your siding still look faded after deep cleaning? Do the windows are not brilliant? Then, you should think about replacing them before hosting your first possible buyer.
The best-selling author, Tori Toth, affirms, “Repairs like roofing, siding and replacing windows … can enhance the structural integrity of the home,”
- Clean, declutter, depersonalize – Getting every surface inside your home clean and shiny is an easy and cheap home staging way. Also, eliminate any disorder and pack personal objects that can distract buyers. You can move these items to your garage, for example. Designer Lisa LaPorta told Designed to Sell, “Clear the way for a sale by letting buyers see your square footage, not your personal belongings.”
Though, you can still make your home interior spaces look pleasant. For example, you can add some nice features such as a vase of flowers, scented candles, and a basket of fruits.
- Fix the Roof – The condition of a roof has a significant impact on any home’s external appearance. Thus, it will influence a buyer’s intention to purchase a house. Don’t let that some wear or damaged shingles make a qualified buyer give up acquiring your home.
No one wants to spend a lot of money on a home to make another big investment soon after to repair the roof.
In this sense, remind what Mia Hable wrote on her Artfully Arranged Staging blog:
“Ensure that you show a well-presented home by fixing any roofing issues before you place your house on the market,”
Are You Ready to Make Your Home Real Estate Ready?
Get expert help selling your Mississippi home from Mississippi Landsource or the realtor with over 40-Years of expertise in the Southwest Mississippi real estate market, Doug Rushing Realty.